28 February 2011

Alabama Theatre and Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.

One of my favorite places to visit is the Alabama Theatre in Birmingham, AL. It is a true treasure and a magical place to experience old movies. Just to prove my point - I went to see White Christmas (my favorite Christmas movie) during their holiday special. At the end of the movie the cast sang the song, White Christmas. The entire audience broke out in song and began singing along with movie. Need I say more?

As a avid lover of the oldies I try to frequent it as much as possible.   They usually do monthly themes and March has been dedicated to the 80's.  I highly recommend seeing one of these classics.

March 10 – March 31, 2011

The Breakfast Club
Thursday, March 10, 8pm
Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
Thursday, March 17, 8pm
Sixteen Candles
Thursday, March 24, 8pm
Dirty Dancing
Thursday, March 31, 8pm


 


My first visit to the Alabama Theater was to the see Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. It was during their summer series and it was a HOT one! Elizabeth Taylor and Paul Newman play a wealthy southern couple with a failing marriage.   The couple seem to have everything against them but that doesn't stop Taylor's character,  Maggie, from desperately trying to win back her man.

Besides Elizabeth Taylor and Paul Newman's breathtaking looks; the decor and clothing in the movie are rockin. Below are a few photos from scenes throughout the movie.








No comments:

Post a Comment