24 March 2011

Easter petit fours.

Okay, this week I have been slaving away in the test kitchen trying to perfect a petit four recipe in time for Easter. Caroline, Kenzie and I attempted the first batch, which tasted delicious, but I wasn't satisfied with the consistancy/taste of the icing. So yesterday I attempted my Easter petit fours agian (iphone picture above...which I can't believe I'm sharing) and LOVED my new icing recipe (the icing drys hard but needs to be doubled) but HATED my decorations.  Dont't waste your time or money on the icing pictured above.
So next week I will try again and hopefully enjoy the ENTIRE recipe enough to share on the blog. I am thinking instead of random dots as eggs, adding dyed green coconut flakes and dyeing the frosting pastels, cutting them into egg shaped cakes and decorating them to look like actual painted easter eggs (Mallory's idea....genious).  I also thought it would be fun to package my little "eggs" in boxes on top of easter basket grass. AH! Too excited about these little monsters but beware bunco group...you may be my first petit four victims!

2 comments: